I made space in the closet in Baby's room for all of the wonderful clothes, blankets, etc. that we received at the shower, and Mike re-purposed some shelves from another closet to keep everything organized.
Before we could get the baby's room in order, we had to relocate our guest bedroom to the basement (sorry, Mom and Dad!).
This was also an opportune time to set up the dining room table we recently acquired from Julie and Keven as they pared down their belongings in advance of their wedding. We now have a good game/puzzle table in the basement.
Once we moved the bed out of the Baby's room, we were able to start getting that room organized.
Now that we have space for a chair in this room again, I can start keeping my eye out for a glider.
I had planned to put a changing pad on top of a dresser that we already have, but it's a very large dresser, and we decided there's not enough room for it in Baby's room. So I kept an eye on Craigslist and picked up a changing table yesterday. It came with a changing pad and several pad covers all for $40. Not too shabby!
So now the Baby area looks like this:
I did my first loads of baby laundry yesterday -- got some gentle detergent from the store and spent A LONG TIME folding baby clothes. It took a long time, in part, because I was trying to organize items by size. My approach for next time will be to sort clothes into bins by type and leave it at that -- no folding (e.g. Onesies in one bin, sleepers in another).
With our house for sale, we've been trying hard to keep things looking very tidy even as we acquire more and more baby gear. I think we've done very well so far, but I can't imagine that this strategy is going to hold together too well once Baby actually arrives! Now that we're actually getting organized here for Baby's arrival, I'm more and more tempted to just stay here and not have to deal with moving (reorganizing) again. I guess it's really a non-issue unless we get an offer on the house.
We shall see what God has in store!







No comments:
Post a Comment