Wednesday, September 10, 2008

our trip around lake michigan

Here are some highlights from our whirlwind trip around Lake Michigan over the Labor Day weekend.

We LOVED driving through the U.P. Actually, I should probably say that I LOVED riding through the U.P. and I think MIKE really enjoyed driving through it. We had an awesome day for driving on Friday. We followed highway 2, which for the most part follows the coast of lake michigan. There were a lot of really nice parks to pull over at along the way. We enjoyed a few of these.




In Bellaire, I got to meet all of the rest of Mike's aunts and uncles that I hadn't met yet, with the exception of Ruth Ann. (We hope she's doing ok!). I also met a lot of Shawl hounds: Odie, Buffy, Toby, Peaches, Zoe, and of course Trixie and Findley were there too. Trixie and Mike are always excited to see each other. Next time we'll definitely have to bring Max. He would have had a blast with Peaches!








After our awesome drive through the U.P. on the way to Bellaire, I really, really wanted to drive north on the way home too... but Mike was set on showing me Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes on the way home, and that meant going south. I couldn't figure out what would be so cool about sand dunes... It didn't take long to figure it out once we got there! They were awesome. And we got to see the sunset there. And, of course, we did the climb.












here's us at the bottom.

we have to go all the way up there!

mike climbing.










We made it!

No comments: