Bad News: My ACL is completely torn in addition to the MCL sprain. :(
Good News: Well, this is actually a bit of a story.
I got a referral for physical therapy, and the clinic I called said they are booked out for an initial appointment until June 29th. That's almost three weeks from now. This was no good. The doc said I should get in right away to get it moving and do a lot of therapy for the next four weeks, at least. I started praying that I'd be able to find something much sooner. The receptionist checked the two other clinics whose schedules she had access to. Both were booked out until early July. Then she mentioned one other clinic that also takes our insurance and gave me their number.
I called and asked for an appointment. The receptionist said, "Well, can you get here by 3:00? We just had a last minute cancellation." It was 2:40pm. I said, "Maybe!" Thankfully, this clinic was pretty close by and thankfully, I had asked Mike to leave the car key at home in case, by chance, I might need it. Praise God! So I made it to the appointment, and I also have my next nine appointments scheduled! What a blessing!
My knee had started to stiffen up noticeably last night and today, as I was told to keep it pretty much immobile until we learned the extent of the injury, which was this morning. I can tell my left quadricep has already lost some mass in just one week. I can't imagine what it would have been like three more weeks from now without therapy!
Therapy went very well. When I hopped in, I had very limited movement in my knee. Now I can almost bend it almost 90°, and I can get it a lot straighter than before. Also, very exciting, I can walk! Sort of... a little bit... with crutches. It's promising, anyhow. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment